Originating 2500 years ago in ancient China, acupuncture is a miraculous treatment method of traditional Chinese medicine that has spread to the West. Acupuncture treatment, which is mostly used to support weight loss, can actually be used in the treatment of 300 diseases, including respiratory diseases, cardiovascular diseases, psychiatric problems and pain problems.
The scientific treatment method, which is applied through stainless steel needles inserted into defined points on the body, enables the limbic system in the brain to work. The limbic system is the system that manages organ functions through the autonomic nervous system in the body and keeps our body healthy against stress stimuli.
The treatment can eliminate organ diseases caused by dysfunction, activate the hormonal system, strengthen the body’s resistance mechanism against diseases and stress, make the patient feel calm and peaceful, treat acute and chronic pain, regulate the allergy mechanism, treat withdrawal syndrome and end addictions such as smoking, alcohol and eating.
The focus of the treatment is on specific points on the body. The treatment method, which is based on stimulating certain energy channels in the body, is also a viable therapy option. In the treatment method, which is based on the body’s ability to repair itself, the stimulation points that activate this power are called “acupuncture points”. The areas with the most warning points for many diseases are the arms, legs, back, ears and abdomen.
Treatment sessions vary between 30-40 minutes. Depending on the condition of the disease, 1-3 sessions per week may be needed. How many sessions the patient needs depends on which disease will be treated.
Benefits of acupuncture
- Helps reduce headaches and migraines.
- Treats chronic body aches and pains.
- It relieves insomnia problem.
- It is known to reduce various side effects of chemotherapy.
- It can prevent cognitive decline.
Things to consider when having acupuncture
- You should not take a shower on the day of your acupuncture session. (If necessary, a short shower can be taken at least 2 hours before the session).
- You should not consume heavy foods 2 hours before and 2 hours after the session.
- You should not give blood on the day of treatment.
- Acupuncture needles are disposable. You should make sure that the temporary needles used during your treatment have not been used for anyone before you.
- Using permanent needles for more than 1 week may cause the risk of infection.
- You should not reinsert permanent needles that have been dislodged because the flaster has loosened.