What is lip contour?
Lip contour is one of the permanent make-up procedures where wide range of pigments are applied to lip region with single use sterile needles. With medical lip pigmentation operation, asymmetries around the lip can be shaped, thin lips can have fuller look and lips can be coloured. Lip contour operation can be applied to lip line and inside the lip as full lip make-up. On demand, it is possible to apply on lip line or only to inner region of the lip. Pigments are applied to epidermis layer and these pigments will lose their effects as the skin regenerates. Permanence of this application depends on skin type and metabolic speed and it is effective for 2 years.
Advantages of lip contour
- Lip asymmetries can be fixed.
- Scar tissue on the lip can hidden.
- Thin lips can look fuller without surgical intervention.
- Permanent, effortless and natural look is achieved for women who do not like wearing make-up every day.
- In this operation, local anaesthesia is applied and the patient does not feel any pain.
- It is a successful lip rejuvenation method.
Things to be considered after lip contour
After permanent lip pigmentation operation, lips should not be moved for 1-2 and smoking should be avoided. After the operation, lips should not contact with water for couple of days and water should be consumed with straw. Anti-bacterial and moisturising creams should be used for couple of weeks.
Who cannot have lip contour?
- Individuals under 18 years old
- Individuals with capillary lip cracking,
- Individuals allergic to pigments,
- In bronzing period,
- Individuals who have active scar and herpes,
- Individuals with diabetes, haemophilia, AIDS and anaemia,
- During pregnancy and nursing period.
- Individuals with skin lesions like fungus and eczema.