The lymphatic system consists of lymph vessels, lymph glands and lymph fluid. The lymph fluid contained in the lymph vessels is filtered by the lymph glands and works in complete harmony.
The lymphatic system regulates the immune system, removes toxins and edema accumulated in the body. We can strengthen the lymphatic system, which keeps us healthy and protects our resistance by working silently in our body, with lymph drainage application.
What is lymph drainage?
Lymph drainage is a treatment and slimming method applied for increasing the body’s resistance, relieving chronic body pain, regeneration and recovery of the body, and cellulite removal. Based on the principle of accelerating the fluid flow in the lymphatic system that nourishes the cells, the treatment is based on the lymphatic system flow, which is the basic element of our health.
What are the application areas of lymph drainage?
- Cellulite treatment,
- Edema and toxin removal,
- Varicose veins treatment,
- Elimination of constipation and indigestion problems,
- Menopausal symptoms,
- Treatment of chronic fatigue,
- Insomnia treatment,
- Lymph drainage can be applied to support weight loss treatments.
To whom is it not applicable?
The treatment, which has no side effects, cannot be applied to pregnant women, high blood pressure patients, diabetics, hemorrhoids patients, people undergoing chemotherapy treatment, people with capillary thickness and people with osteoporosis.
What can be done to support the lymphatic system
- If you have to stand for a long time, frequently rising and falling on tiptoes will support the flow of lymph fluid in the lower leg.
- By moving your arms during the day, you can prevent the lymph fluid from being pulled downwards.
- Exercise promotes an increase in lymph fluid. Walking and cycling are the best exercises to increase lymph fluid.
Recommendations to prevent edema formation
- One of the main causes of edema is gravity. The lymph fluid, which is constantly pulled down due to gravity, will cause edema formation if you remain immobile.
- Tight clothing prevents the flow of lymph fluid in the body from being maintained as it should be. Therefore, not using tight bra straps, underwear, socks and belts will prevent edema formation.
- High-heeled shoes should be avoided if the feet are close to swelling.
- Hot weather triggers swelling in the body. As blood vessels dilate to cool the body, more fluid escapes between tissues.
- Weight gain can lead to increased edema.