The abdominal area is one of the most intensely observed areas of fat accumulation in the body due to weight gain. Sagging or bulging abdomens that appear saggy or bulging due to reasons such as intense weight loss, post-pregnancy and genetic characteristics can be restored to a flat appearance with tummy tuck procedure.
Unfortunately, it is not possible to recover the abdominal area deformed due to various reasons and the sagging skin in this area with sports or other activities. Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) can be performed in two ways. In cases where the deformation spreads to the upper part of the belly button, a full operation is performed, while a mini operation is performed if the deformation is only in the lower part.
Ideal Patient Profile for Abdominoplasty
People who do not have health problems that may pose a risk for surgery, who do not have a pregnancy plan in the near postoperative period (as it may reduce the effect of surgery), who do not smoke, who have reached their ideal weight constitute the ideal patient profile for tummy tuck operation.
Smoking can be a problem for this operation. Although not being a smoker is the preferred profile, it can also be applied to people who can stop smoking for 1 month before and 1 month after the operation.
Common Misconceptions About Tummy Tuck Operation
- It is not possible to get pregnant after the operation or the abdomen does not grow. One of the most common misconceptions about the operation is that you cannot get pregnant after surgery or that it will cause problems during pregnancy.
- The ideal time to have a tummy tuck operation after pregnancy is the end of the first year following the birth.
- The location of the belly button does not change after the operation.
- If there is no obstacle to surgery and anesthesia, anyone can have tummy tuck surgery.
- It is a repeatable operation.
- Since it is not intended to remove stretch marks on the skin, the stretch marks outside the excess skin will not disappear.
- Cellulite in the abdominal area is not an obstacle for surgery.
- Mini surgery does not affect the waist and abdomen.
- It is quite normal to have difficulty standing upright for a short time after the operation.
- If deemed necessary, it can be performed together with liposuction.