Skin care is very important to have a healthy skin. Skin can be affected by many factors in daily life and these effects can cause various problems in the skin. Skin care is a series of procedures to maintain the healthy and youthful appearance of the skin.
The skin care routine can vary according to the skin type and can be determined according to the skin problems of the person. Skin care products should be selected according to the skin type and should be suitable for the skin problems of the person. Skin care at home is very important for skin health and should be done regularly.
Importance of Skin Care
Our skin is exposed to environmental factors such as oil, dirt and air pollution. These factors can clog the pores of the skin and cause skin problems.
Skin care is a series of procedures to clean, moisturise and protect the skin. These procedures help keep the skin healthy and can reduce signs of ageing.
Signs of ageing are wrinkles, sagging and blemishes on the skin. These signs appear as the skin ages. Skin care should be done to reduce the signs of aging.
It helps prevent skin problems, skin redness, acne and eczema.
Skin Care Routine
Skin care routine includes stages such as cleansing, tonic, moisturising and peeling. The order of these steps and the products to be used may vary depending on the skin type.
- Cleansing: It is the most important step of skin care. Oil-based cleansers are ideal for removing oil-based make-up. Water-based cleansers can be used to remove water-resistant make-up. Cleansing cleanses your skin from dirt and oil and opens the pores.
- Toner: Moisturises the skin and maintains the pH balance. It is recommended to use tonic after cleansing your skin. Tonic refreshes and moisturises your skin and makes your skin look younger.
- Moisturising: Moisturiser prevents skin water loss and makes your skin softer and smoother. Oil-based moisturisers are ideal for dry skin. Water-based moisturisers are more suitable for oily skin.
- Peeling: It cleanses your skin from dead cells and makes your skin brighter. Peeling is recommended to be done once a week. Peeling makes your skin look more vibrant and younger.
- Massage: Massage is the last stage of the skin care routine. Massage relaxes your skin and makes it look younger. Massage nourishes your skin and increases blood circulation.
Skin Care Products
Products used for skin care have functions such as cleansing, moisturising and nourishing the skin. These products should be selected according to different skin types and needs.
Skin cleansers are used to remove dirt, oil and make-up residues from the skin. Skin cleansers from brands such as Cerave, Vichy and La Roche Posay moisturise and protect the skin’s natural barrier while cleansing the skin.
Tonics are used to regulate the pH balance of the skin and tighten the pores. Tonics containing AHA and BHA help the skin look brighter and smoother by removing dead skin cells. Tonics of brands such as Vichy and La Roche Posay have a calming effect while moisturising the skin.
Moisturisers are used to maintain the skin’s moisture level and nourish the skin. Moisturising creams should be selected according to skin type. For example, products with intense moisturising effect should be preferred for dry skin. Moisturisers of brands such as La Roche Posay and Vichy protect the skin’s natural barrier while moisturising the skin.
Peeling and Masks
Peeling and masks are used for deeper cleansing of the skin. Masks made with natural ingredients such as coffee grounds, oats and egg whites nourish the skin and give it a healthier appearance. Peeling products help the skin look brighter by removing dead cells on the skin.
Serums are used for deeper nourishment and moisturisation of the skin. Hyaluronic acid serums help to reduce wrinkles while moisturising the skin. Vitamin C serums help the skin look brighter and smoother. Serums containing active ingredients such as glycolic acid and salicylic acid help the skin look brighter and smoother.
Care According to Skin Type
Dry skin, oily skin and combination skin have different care needs. Therefore, caring for the skin type is important for the health and appearance of the skin.
Dry skin is deficient in oil production and often has a dull and dull appearance. This skin type should be nourished with moisturising products and its moisture level should be maintained. In addition, anti-aging products can be used to prevent wrinkles that are common in dry skin.
Oily skin has a shiny appearance due to excess oil production. Blackheads and acne are more common in this skin type. Oily skin should be cleaned regularly. In addition, oil balance should be maintained and moisturising products should be selected.
Combination skin has an oily structure in the T-zone (forehead, nose and chin) and a dry structure in other areas. This skin type should be cared for by maintaining the oil balance in the T-zone and moisturising other areas. Regular cleaning and appropriate products should be used to prevent blackheads.
Caring according to skin type is important for the skin to look healthy and beautiful. Moisturising of dry skin, cleansing of oily skin and balance of combination skin should be maintained. In this way, wrinkles, blackheads and pimples on the skin can be prevented and a healthy appearance can be achieved.
Skin Care at Home
Skin care is very important to have a healthy skin. Skin care at home can be done using natural ingredients. These methods moisturise, revitalise and nourish the skin without irritating it.
- Honey: It is a natural ingredient used to maintain the moisture balance of the skin. Honey provides moisture to the skin and reduces wrinkles on the skin. It also kills bacteria on the skin thanks to its antibacterial properties. For home skin care, honey is a natural moisturiser that you can apply to your skin.
- Aloe vera: It is a natural material that moisturises the skin and reduces skin irritations. Aloe vera moisturises your skin and makes your skin softer and smoother.
- Lemon: It can be used as a natural tonic for the skin. Lemon purifies your skin and makes your skin look fresher. It also reduces blemishes on the skin.
- Yoghurt: Moisturises the skin and nourishes your skin. Yoghurt makes your skin look brighter and more vibrant. It also removes dead cells from your skin. Yogurt is a natural moisturiser that you can apply to your skin.
- Milk: Milk moisturises the skin and makes your skin look brighter. Milk also removes dead cells from your skin.
- Green tea: Green tea makes your skin firmer and smoother. It also removes dead cells from your skin.
Professional Skin Care
Medical skin care procedures are one of the most preferred applications of people in beauty centres.
- Dermapen: Dermapen, a microneedling method, encourages skin self-renewal and collagen production by opening very small holes in the skin. It is effective on acne scars, wrinkles and skin texture.
- Dermaroller: Dermaroller is also a microneedling device. It intervenes in the skin with tiny needles, allowing the skin to heal and regenerate itself. It is used for skin tightening, scar correction and skin renewal.
- Mesotherapy: It is the process of injecting vitamins, minerals, amino acids and other nutrients under the skin. It is used to regenerate, moisturise and revitalise the skin.
- Alloblast: This is a cell-based treatment usually used for skin rejuvenation and repair. It helps to heal and regenerate skin tissue.
- Hyaluronic Acid Vaccine: Hyaluronic acid is a substance found naturally in the skin. This vaccine increases the skin’s moisture level by injecting hyaluronic acid into the skin, providing fullness and a youthful appearance.
- Green Peel: It is a skin renewal treatment made with herbal ingredients. It peels the top layer of the skin to reveal a new, healthier skin layer. It is effective for skin tone imbalances and fine lines.
Common Mistakes in Skin Care
People sometimes make mistakes while taking skin care. These mistakes can prevent the skin from being healthy and can even cause skin problems.
Sleeping Without Removing Make-up
Many women prefer to go to bed without removing their make-up when they are tired. However, this is very harmful for the skin. Make-up clogs the skin pores and prevents the skin from breathing. This can lead to the formation of blackheads and acne. Therefore, going to bed without removing make-up can prevent the skin from staying healthy.
Wrong Skin Care Routine
Every skin type is different and has different care needs. However, some people may misapply their skin care routines. For example, using products that are not suitable for oily skin can cause oily skin. Also, over-washing or scrubbing the skin can destroy the skin’s natural oils and cause skin dryness. Therefore, following the right skin care routine is important for healthy skin.
Peeling is a method used to remove dead skin cells. However, over-peeling can destroy the skin’s natural oils and cause skin dryness. It can also over-irritate the skin and cause skin problems. Therefore, it is important to be careful when exfoliating and to do the right amount according to the skin’s needs.
These frequent mistakes can prevent the skin from being healthy. Therefore, it is important to apply the right skin care routine and act according to the needs of the skin.
Sunscreen and Skin Health
Sunscreen is an important protective measure for skin health. Exposure to the sun’s harmful UV rays can cause many skin problems such as skin cancer, blemishes and wrinkles. Therefore, the use of sunscreen is very important for skin health.
Sunscreen protects the skin from the harmful effects of UV rays. UV rays can penetrate the lower layers of the skin and cause serious health problems such as skin cancer. Sunscreen reduces the risk of skin cancer by protecting the skin from the effects of these harmful rays.
It also prevents the formation of skin blemishes. UV rays can cause skin blemishes by increasing melanin production in the skin. Sunscreen prevents the formation of skin blemishes by protecting the skin from these harmful effects.
The use of sunscreen also prevents the formation of skin wrinkles. UV rays can cause skin wrinkles by reducing the elasticity of the skin. Sunscreen prevents the formation of skin wrinkles by protecting the skin from these harmful effects.
Skin Renewal Products and Youthful Appearance
Skin regenerating products help regenerate skin cells and make the skin look younger. These products repair damaged cells in the skin and help the skin look healthier, more vibrant and younger.
Skin regenerating products include ingredients such as vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, hyaluronic acid, retinol and peptides.
In addition, skin regenerating products help reduce wrinkles, blemishes and other signs of aging on the skin. When used regularly, these products make the skin look smoother, firmer and younger.
Cell renewal is important for keeping the skin healthy. Skin regenerating products increase cell renewal, making the skin look healthier and younger.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to do 40+ Skin Care at Home?
People over 40 are recommended to use moisturising, antioxidant and collagen-enhancing products in their skin care routine. It is also important to use a mild, pH-balanced cleanser for skin cleansing. The use of sunscreen is also very important for skin health.
How to Make Skin Care with Ingredients at Home?
It is possible to make skin care with ingredients at home. For example, while a mixture of honey and yoghurt removes dead cells on the skin, a mixture of honey and lemon juice can help reduce blemishes on the skin. Also, a mixture of oatmeal and honey can reduce acne on the skin.
What should be the order of skin care?
The skin care sequence should be as follows: first the skin is cleaned, then tonic is applied. Then, serum and eye cream are applied. Finally, moisturiser and sunscreen are used.
What Does Skin Care Do?
Skin care is a series of procedures to maintain the health of the skin, reduce skin problems and keep the skin looking young and healthy.
How to Make Natural Skin Care?
Ingredients at home can be used for natural skin care. For example, coconut oil moisturises the skin, while chamomile tea soothes the skin. Also, apple cider vinegar cleanses the skin and tightens the pores.
How to Make Facial Skin Care for Men?
Facial skin care for men is no different from that for women. Skin cleansing, tonic, serum, eye cream, moisturiser and sunscreen are also important for men. In addition, using after shaving care products is also important for the health of the skin.