Rhinoplasty is a surgical operation to eliminate congenital or adventitious nose deformation. Rhinoplasty is one of the most common aesthetic operation in our country and this operation became globally popular by a British doctor after occupation of India. First rhinoplasty in our country was completed in 1970.
The importance of choosing a doctor in nose aesthetics
The nose is located in the center of our face is one of the most remarkable limbs. In rhinoplasty procedures, the natural and aesthetic perception rate should be well adjusted and the nose should be designed in accordance with the facial features of the person and should be compatible with the general dimensions of the face. Improper nasal aesthetics can cause problems in terms of both health and appearance. Therefore, choosing the right physician to perform a rhinoplasty operation is of great importance. Before the rhinoplasty surgery, the patient and the physician should undergo surgery, and the patient’s expectations and the recommendations of the physician must be met in common.
Rhinoplasty operations performed by Op.Dr. Reşit Burak Kayan. Sliding; After graduating from Istanbul University, Istanbul Medical Faculty, she completed her Plastic Surgery specialty in Vakıf Gureba Training and Research Hospital and Bezm-i Alem Vakıf University, Faculty of Medicine, Department of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery. He has articles on breast aesthetics, burns, microsurgery and nasal aesthetics which are published in international journals and can be seen in Pubmed.
Rhinoplasty is an operation performed while the patient is under general anesthesia. The patient may need to use a silicone tampon between 1-7 days after surgery. mild During the postoperative recovery period, the patient’s daily routine is so intense that pain and suffering are not involved. However, during the recovery period, a slight pain and pain may be heard.
Things to Do Before Rhinoplasty Operation
- 1 week before the surgery, all blood thinner medication should be stopped.
- Alcohol intake should be avoided at least 3 days before the surgery and smoking should be minimised. Patients should stop smoking one day before the surgery.
- Patients must undergo certain tests before the surgery.
Things to Do After Rhinoplasty Operation
- After the operation, ice compress must be applied to under eye and face area to prevent bruises.
- If patients experience pain after the surgery, prescribed pain killer medication must be used.
- After the operation, patients must sleep flat and with high pillows.
- Since possible impact will cause permanent oedema, patients should avoid close contact.
- After the operation, patients should avoid excessive salt consumption and prefer food without salt.
- In addition to consuming plenty of water after the surgery, consuming pineapple to reduce oedema will help smoother recovery period.