Eye lid operation is tightening eye lid by removing excessive muscle and tissues that cause sagging of eye lids. With old age, sagging can occur around the eyes. Sagging on eye lid can be removed with only one surgical operation.
In eye lid operation, eye area has tighter look, eye bags and wrinkles around the eyes are corrected and healthier, more dynamic and younger look is achieved.
Risk in operations of eye lid sagging that occurs around 35-40 years old is low. Eye lid operation is generally made after this age. If necessary, eye bags that occur due to genetic reasons can be removed in earlier age.
Importance of doctor selection for eye lid operation
Eye lid operation is as important as any other operation. Therefore, best doctor must be selected for the operation. Evaluating the muscle position of the patient depends on experience and knowledge of the doctor and these two properties are also important for correct operation.
In eye lid operation, eye brow structure should also be considered. Because if there are any problems in eye brow structure, these problems will be more visible after the operation. Therefore, eye brow lifting should be done if the individual who will have eye lid operation has eye brow problems. In some cases, correcting eye brow structure will also result in better looking eye lids.
It is normal to experience bruising, oedema, mild pain after eye lid operation.
Things to Do Before Eye Lid Operation
- Patients should stop aspirin and similar blood thinner medication one week before the surgery.
- Also, herbal teas that contain vitamin E like green tea must be avoided.
- Patients should avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Individuals with hypertension, eye thyroid, high eye pressure must inform the doctor before the surgery.
Things to Do After Eye Lid Operation
- Ice compress must be made to avoid oedema and bruising around the eyes.
- High pillows should be used to accelerate reduction of oedema. Eyes should be relaxed for the first 5 days after the surgery.
- Patients must avoid using contact lenses and wearing make-up for 15 days after the surgery.