Eyelid operation (blepharoplasty) is tightening eyelids by removing excessive muscle and tissues that cause sagging of eyelids. With old age, sagging can occur around the eyes. Sagging on the eyelid can be removed with only one surgical operation.
In eyelid operation, the eye area has tighter look, eye bags and wrinkles around the eyes are corrected and a healthier, more dynamic, and younger look is achieved.
The risk in operations of eyelid sagging that occurs around 35-40 years old is low. Eyelid operation is generally made after this age. If necessary, eye bags that occur due to genetic reasons can be removed at an earlier age.
Importance of doctor selection for eyelid operation
Eyelid operation is as important as any other operation. Therefore, the best doctor must be selected for the operation. Evaluating the muscle position of the patient depends on the experience and knowledge of the doctor and these two properties are also important for correct operation.
In eyelid operation, eyebrow structure should also be considered. Because if there are any problems in eyebrow structure, these problems will be more visible after the operation. Therefore, eyebrow lifting should be done if the individual who will have an eyelid operation has eyebrow problems. In some cases, correcting eyebrow structure will also result in better-looking eyelids.
It is normal to experience bruising, edema, mild pain after eyelid operation.
Things to Do Before Eye Lid Operation
- Patients should stop aspirin and similar blood thinner medication one week before the surgery.
- Also, herbal teas that contain vitamin E like green tea must be avoided.
- Patients should avoid alcohol consumption and smoking.
- Individuals with hypertension, eye thyroid, high eye pressure must inform the doctor before the surgery.
Things to Do After Eye Lid Operation
- Ice compress must be made to avoid edema and bruising around the eyes.
- High pillows should be used to accelerate the reduction of edema. Eyes should be relaxed for the first 5 days after the surgery.
- Patients must avoid using contact lenses and wearing make-up for 15 days after the surgery.