Thousands of women around the world are having breast augmentation operation to achieve more attractive and aesthetic look and increase their self-confidence.
Breasts start to develop between 9-14 years old and these are important part of female body. Underdeveloped breast tissue, involution that may occur after breastfeeding lead women to have breast augmentation. Breast reduction due to weigh loss is also one the reasons for breast augmentation operation demand. Congenital missing breast or removal of breast due to cancer are other instances to apply breast augmentation operation.
Importance of doctor selection in breast augmentation
Before breast augmentation operation, doctor and patient must plan the operation together. Based on expectation of the patient, doctor determines the most suitable operation technique. After this planning, prosthetic type and size is determined as well as application location. Before the operation, silicone implant for breast augmentation must be selected. Surface properties of the implant, gel content, and shell structure must fit the patient. At this point, experience and knowledge of the doctor will eliminate the anxiety of the patient and result in successful and satisfactory operation results.
With advanced technology, it is possible to have breast augmentation with fat injection. Breast augmentation is a surgical operation that can be applied to all women over 18 years old, have no health problems and have problems with the size of their breasts.
Things to know about breast augmentation operation
- This operation is completed under general anaesthesia.
- After the operation, pressure of silicone implants on breast tissue may cause pain for 1 week.
- After the operation, using pain killers recommended by the doctor will eliminate this pain.
- Patients can consume food and liquid 6 hours after the surgery.
- Patients can shower after the first wound dressing if there is no problem.
- Patients can go back to routine life after 7-14 days.
- Patients should avoid excessive load on arms and heavy sport in the first month.
- Also, patients should avoid sauna, hammam or solarium for 8 weeks.